Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Flaming Computer Work

Well...the Flaming family email server is down for the moment while I move it to another host. I had moved it to a separate host last week while working on some lab stuff but it's poor performance demands I put it back.



So, please be patient while it is moved back to it's original host.  It should be done in a couple of hours.


In the mean time, I'm attempting to repair my Dad's laptop - turns out something hosed up the drive partitions.  Fortunately, I was able to get in and backup all of the data (so it seems).  Right now, I'm attempting to restore the backup of the data to a virtual machine so I can work at repairing it and then image that repaired virtual machine back over to the original hard drive.


All repairs are underway....but just moving slowly.  Thank goodness I run a Mac!  ;-)

Anyways, please be patient while repairs/maintenance is in progress.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep this respectable and clean.

Posts are reviewed and moderated before being approved for display on this page.

NO SPAM PLEASE!